Boy in steampunk fancy dress, with hat, mechanical monocle, waxed moustache, cravat and Bavarian-type jacket A steampunk VDU? Yes, I can do that Many Reg readers are fans of steampunk Sci-Fi, and so we hope you relish this little challenge posed on El Reg Forums by John Smith 19, a gold badge commentard. If you know Charles …
Probably better along a belt than a big wheel, as this would allow you to make a command line or screen matrix.
If you're doing proper Steampunk you might as well regress to genuine Victorian technology, hire a few halls full of people working as clerks, and glue brass cogs all over them.
Otherwise paper and ink seemed to work quite well.
Much as I like Stross I can't see the point of a steam-powered VDU. What are you going to drive it with - a pneumatic PDP-11 the size of Saint Pauls?
Apologies for messing
We need to integrate comments and reader forums. In the meantime I am switching off comments and asking you to move on to the forum thread.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion