Boy in steampunk fancy dress, with hat, mechanical monocle, waxed moustache, cravat and Bavarian-type jacket A steampunk VDU? Yes, I can do that Many Reg readers are fans of steampunk Sci-Fi, and so we hope you relish this little challenge posed on El Reg Forums by John Smith 19, a gold badge commentard. If you know Charles …
Probably better along a belt than a big wheel, as this would allow you to make a command line or screen matrix.
If you're doing proper Steampunk you might as well regress to genuine Victorian technology, hire a few halls full of people working as clerks, and glue brass cogs all over them.
Otherwise paper and ink seemed to work quite well.
Much as I like Stross I can't see the point of a steam-powered VDU. What are you going to drive it with - a pneumatic PDP-11 the size of Saint Pauls?
Apologies for messing
We need to integrate comments and reader forums. In the meantime I am switching off comments and asking you to move on to the forum thread.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip