back to article San Fran tech hub wants hookers and hackers for Halloween

A San Francisco tech hub is standing firm after coming under fire for its plans to hold a "hackers and hookers" Halloween party. The group said it would hold the themed party as planned. Although the festival formerly known as All Hallows' Eve is known as a time when those of us with exhibitionistic tendencies – mostly women – …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

"$10 all you can drink beer"

Most excellent.

Re: "$10 all you can drink beer"

I'd not be hopeful that it'd be really beer.

Carbonated yellow fluid possibly.

Silver badge

Is this beer open source?

Bronze badge
Pint

Free as in beer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Beer

Bronze badge
Facepalm

@Tim Parker - Re: "$10 all you can drink beer"

Wrote :- "$10 all you can drink beer - Most excellent"

Here is a function at which there will be women [dressed as] hookers, and one at which, despite being in the tech world, a 50% ratio of sexes is at least promised (I've never seen more than 20% women at a work function myself, and dressed frumpy), and all you can think about is beer!

If you just want beer, why not stay at home with a few cans of it; buy it from the taxi fare you save.

Anonymous Coward

Couldn't do this in Idaho

End up getting some police looking for a party come and seize all the booze and hookers!

They could have avoided all the fuss if the men came dressed as hookers and the women came dressed as hackers...

Anonymous Coward

Well, it is in San Francisco, so that might actually be what was expected....

Silver badge
Thumb Up

From the city that hosted the "Summer of Love"

I can't help but feel that with all the publicity this is getting, a 10,000 ft² warehouse just isn't going to cut it. Paaarty Onnnn, Dudes.

Silver badge

samhain !

Not Halloween, All Hallows' Eve or bloody trick or treat day!

Ahh but this is the internet, so the avatar on the flier is a 38 year old 22 stone bloke living at home with his parent's called Dave.

Anonymous Coward

Fail

Typical. Who the hell cares about "tweeting" whiners? Not like they'd be any fun at the party. Just reply a big "fuck off" to them all. A big -1 for the apology, man up ffs.

Also, that's a damn good deal on the beer :)

Given this is San Francisco, you best be careful of those hookers who are eager to go back to the hotel with you.

Ok this is a city that host the erotic exotic ball, the erotic ball. oh and lets not forget Folsom street fair. one large out side fetish ball bars inside.

Silver badge

Only in San Francisco!!

What a country!! What a city!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. Thanks for watching/listening.

Anonymous Coward

Holy fuck that statement hurt to read . . .

It has come to our intention . . . . .

in our facilitates . . . . .

Mindless fuckers.

Anonymous Coward

It was a bit sic!

just that

Having just returned from drinks here in SF...

... I can tell you that probably 80% of the women wearing costumes were dressed in short-mini skirt/fishnet french-maid style costumes. Also, quite a lot of the people riding in critical mass were wearing the same thing.

Interestingly enough, not a lot of guys were in costumes, most did in fact looking 'hacker' although perhaps more 'hipster hacker' than strictly 'hacker'. Did see a few cowboys & 'blue men', but I live close to the Castro so perhaps the Indian, policeman and construction guys were close by (as they are often on weekend nights...).

I'm not sure what it says, but I would suggest that Hacker Hideout is just riding a meme and failing at a joke...

Anonymous Coward

Silly Americans.

Didn't they know that the hookers was in reference to the beers on offer.

http://www.galwayhooker.ie/

J 3
Joke

There is no hacker on the flyer.

What do you mean, she is NOT a hacker!?

... just for Halloween? Then what? Fat soccer moms? Hackers tend to be pussies who sit behind a computer screen and play "tough guy" without ever showing up on the scene. It's a sad life, but even jerkoffs have a purpose.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums