India has the dubious honour of being named as the ransomware capital of Asia Pacific, with online crime costing the country an estimate $4bn (£2.5bn) in 2012, according to Symantec. Stats released by the security giant as part of its Norton Report 2013 found that India is among the world’s top five countries for identity theft …
"New Delhi’s response to the growing online threat has not always been as focused as it should."
Phil, you owe me a new keyboard ....
Good morning, sir.
My name is Murgatroid and I am being from Microsoft, good golly. We are detecting that your computer is having a naughty virus, my goodness me!
Average cost per victim
Is it any surprise that this is lower than average in a country with lower than average incomes? I suspect it would probably be higher if normalised to average earnings.
So IT not that
very very more better in the sub continent.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers