South Korean electronics giant LG has joined the likes of Alcatel, Geeksphone, and ZTE by offering a handset based on the Mozilla Foundation's open-source Firefox OS platform. The LG Fireweb is not only the first such device from LG, but it's also the first phone from any company to ship with Firefox OS 1.1 preinstalled. …
and the UK gets left behind again....
My contract is due up next month, and everytime I try to ring a provider to talk to them about special deals, I get told that I can have a blackberry (unlikely that the support will even last for 24 months given the current state of the company) or a Windows phone.
Nokia make excellent hardware in my experience, but I've got no desire for a Windows phone.
That leaves me with Android. Which is fine, but I'd far rather have a Sailfish or Firefox phone - why are we always the last to see the new Mobile tech?
Re: and the UK gets left behind again....
Buy it unlocked, look for a tariff which is cheaper if you bring your own phone.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide