South Korean electronics giant LG has joined the likes of Alcatel, Geeksphone, and ZTE by offering a handset based on the Mozilla Foundation's open-source Firefox OS platform. The LG Fireweb is not only the first such device from LG, but it's also the first phone from any company to ship with Firefox OS 1.1 preinstalled. …
and the UK gets left behind again....
My contract is due up next month, and everytime I try to ring a provider to talk to them about special deals, I get told that I can have a blackberry (unlikely that the support will even last for 24 months given the current state of the company) or a Windows phone.
Nokia make excellent hardware in my experience, but I've got no desire for a Windows phone.
That leaves me with Android. Which is fine, but I'd far rather have a Sailfish or Firefox phone - why are we always the last to see the new Mobile tech?
Re: and the UK gets left behind again....
Buy it unlocked, look for a tariff which is cheaper if you bring your own phone.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer