back to article Juniper ELIMINATES 300 jobs, braces wallet for US gov shutdown blow

Jittery Juniper Networks is axing hundreds of workers amid concerns the US government shutdown could hamper its stateside federal business. The cuts were confirmed during a conference call with analysts last night to discuss the firm's third-quarter results. Juniper also revealed sales had risen to $1.185bn, up three per cent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Translation

1, I need to boost some figures this quarter for my retirement bonus

2, We can always blame it on the government.

3, Sales of US networking companies are going to go through the floor when people start asking why there is a default admin password of "NSA" that can't be changed.

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Dumb and Dumber or Juniper??

Jittery Juniper Networks is axing hundreds of workers amid concerns the US government shutdown could hamper its stateside federal business.

WTF am I reading?

What "government shutdown"?

All the contracts (billions upon billions) were pushed out the front doors in September, this also in order to burn off any excess inventory of dollars before the end of the "fiscal year" (end of September) lest one gets accused of "not spending enough".

Quantitative Farting of 70 billion USD per month is continuing apace, AFAIK.

The "deal" after the "shutdown theater for retards and naive clowns" is that there won't be a debt ceiling UNTIL FEBRUARY. Get your contract ON!

One day after the "deal" passed, USD 300 x 10⁹ (that's 0.3 TREEELLLION DOLLAR) had been borrowed and spent (talk about a precocious ejaculation of fiat money). I am sure a few Juniper routers can pass through that kind of opening.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums