VMware's software-defined networking (SDN) Daddy Martin Casado has likened the technique to the film “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”, not the meteor-headed-for-earth scenario of “Armageddon”. Speaking to The Register at vForum Australia, Casado said he likes the Close Encounters analogy because SDN is already here and …
Meanwhile Microsoft's SDN solution has already been in production for a year in Server 2012 and Hyper-V Server 2102.....
VMware has had vDS even longer than that. They also now support layer 3 in vSphere 5.5.
Handbags at 50 paces then?
Exec 1) My VM solution can do this
Exec 2) Well, my VM product can do that and this! (with knobs on)
Sounds like 7yr olds in the school playground.
Mines the school blazer with Sarah Robinson on the pocket.
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers