VMware's software-defined networking (SDN) Daddy Martin Casado has likened the technique to the film “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”, not the meteor-headed-for-earth scenario of “Armageddon”. Speaking to The Register at vForum Australia, Casado said he likes the Close Encounters analogy because SDN is already here and …
Meanwhile Microsoft's SDN solution has already been in production for a year in Server 2012 and Hyper-V Server 2102.....
VMware has had vDS even longer than that. They also now support layer 3 in vSphere 5.5.
Handbags at 50 paces then?
Exec 1) My VM solution can do this
Exec 2) Well, my VM product can do that and this! (with knobs on)
Sounds like 7yr olds in the school playground.
Mines the school blazer with Sarah Robinson on the pocket.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots