Feeds

back to article Telstra launches budget ISP

Australia's dominant telco and ISP, Telstra, has quietly launched a budget service. Called Belong, the service offers ADSL2+ plans at $AUD50 for 70GB/month $65 for 250GB/month. The service needs an active phone line, but Telstra says “some customers prefer to use their mobile for everything” and the service does not include …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

These prices aren't that cheap once you factor in monthly line rental. I'll keep my unlimited Jiva thanks!

Silver badge

"the service does not include voice"

Sounds like Telstra's strange version of naked is in use here, so presumably no line rental.

Silver badge

Hmmm.

While it is a /little/ cheaper than my present plan with another Australian ISP, it isn't enough to be bothered switching. Especially not to Telstra!

Facepalm

Where is the value proposition here?

Wot, they're gonna offer LESS customer service than BigPond to save you a few bux? Har-de-har-har-har.

No value here

I love Telstra's idea of "Cheap".

With my current ISP I get 1000GB of downloads (split across Peak and Off-Peak) for $60 per month and that inclides the phone line rental. If I do manage to exceed the download volume I am throttled to 1Mbps.

More freedom than most Telstra offerings.

Value isn't that back compared to iiNet, TPG etc. Jiva might be better/cheaper, but you have to sign for 24 months. Selling point for me is No LONG Contract

But, Metro NSW only for now, now't for the deep north or elsewhere.

This topic is closed for new posts.