Microsoft has once again made the Windows RT 8.1 update available via the Windows Store, following an earlier boondoggle that left some owners of ARM-based Surface RT tablets unable to boot their devices. According to Microsoft, about one in 1,000 Surface RT owners who tried to install the update ended up with their fondleslabs …
Has anyone done the....
...."1 in 1000 users - ho ho, that'll be twelve then" bit yet?
Twelve of them have you say?
But how could they, when their devices woudn't boot?
Ok, Ok, I'll get my coat and put a pound in the charity box on my way out....
It's looks like you are trying resurrect this device.
Would you like help?
[ ] Get help resurrecting this device
[ ] Just help me toss this device
[ ] Tips on buying other devices
[ ] Don't let me use this device ever again
"We take immediate steps to ensure a quality experience for every single customer"
So they too can type "ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade" into their browser's URL box of their Surface RT.
Because that Just Works.
Re: "We take immediate steps to ensure a quality experience for every single customer"
i thought it was like "if it is not clickable, it does not exist" for the common windows user
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know