At IP EXPO, Coraid and CommVault were flaunting their love after partnering up on a new venture to provide scaleable data management and protection solutions for enterprise folk. Coraid said CommVault was a great door-opener, and said that together they were capable of taking on players like Sepaton and HP for the Simpana back- …
Honestly, $50,000 for 96TB usable is bloody cheap. A similarly configured StoreOnce runs more than $200k.
Ahh yes but bigger block sizes on software dedupe = worse ratios, and to get similar performance you need lots of ISS servers all running in parallel, which all adds cost and complexity.
I wonder if they'd be as keen to stick their production data in the Coraid box, after all 3PAR's forte isn't really as a backup target.
HP have StoreOnce for the appliance approach or P2000 for rock bottom $ per GB.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY