At IP EXPO, Coraid and CommVault were flaunting their love after partnering up on a new venture to provide scaleable data management and protection solutions for enterprise folk. Coraid said CommVault was a great door-opener, and said that together they were capable of taking on players like Sepaton and HP for the Simpana back- …
Honestly, $50,000 for 96TB usable is bloody cheap. A similarly configured StoreOnce runs more than $200k.
Ahh yes but bigger block sizes on software dedupe = worse ratios, and to get similar performance you need lots of ISS servers all running in parallel, which all adds cost and complexity.
I wonder if they'd be as keen to stick their production data in the Coraid box, after all 3PAR's forte isn't really as a backup target.
HP have StoreOnce for the appliance approach or P2000 for rock bottom $ per GB.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws