Apple has announced a new “Volume Purchase Program” for Mac OS apps. The company already operates such a program for apps running on iThings, allowing “businesses and educational institutions to purchase multiple copies of your apps at once”. The “your” refers to developers and the apps Apple imagines you might want to sell …
How old is this announcement?
We've been using the VPP here since March this year, how is this any different? We're an educational institute and if we purchased 20+ of an app we got 50% off the price. Or have they changed the way it works with iOS7? Can't see anything different from the article though.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low