Web security firm Incapsula helped a Chinese Bitcoin trader to weather a ferocious denial-of-service attack last month when the volume of inbound traffic to the site peaked at 100Gbps. The attack against BTC China, a platform where both Bitcoin and Chinese yuan are traded, lasted nine hours and is one of the fiercest on record. …
The more often the system is attacked, the more resistant it gets. I'm not talking about server infrastructure here, I am talking about Bitcoin and its exchange rate. The last big DDoS crashed it massively, but the more often the DDoS attacks keep coming, the less people care. It's just publicity and may actually have the opposite result than what was planned...
excellent news. great job keeping your exchange safe and your customers happy.
Like a House on Fire
Another common tactic is to stage a DoS attack as a diversion while the attackers do something else, hoping to avoid detection while the more noticeable event is ongoing.
I'd love to use something like Encapsula..
.. but the problem is that it basically means a 3rd party sees all your web traffic.
So, I'm looking for one that is NOT US based..
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests