Web security firm Incapsula helped a Chinese Bitcoin trader to weather a ferocious denial-of-service attack last month when the volume of inbound traffic to the site peaked at 100Gbps. The attack against BTC China, a platform where both Bitcoin and Chinese yuan are traded, lasted nine hours and is one of the fiercest on record. …
The more often the system is attacked, the more resistant it gets. I'm not talking about server infrastructure here, I am talking about Bitcoin and its exchange rate. The last big DDoS crashed it massively, but the more often the DDoS attacks keep coming, the less people care. It's just publicity and may actually have the opposite result than what was planned...
excellent news. great job keeping your exchange safe and your customers happy.
Like a House on Fire
Another common tactic is to stage a DoS attack as a diversion while the attackers do something else, hoping to avoid detection while the more noticeable event is ongoing.
I'd love to use something like Encapsula..
.. but the problem is that it basically means a 3rd party sees all your web traffic.
So, I'm looking for one that is NOT US based..
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base