Tintri has hired itself a new CEO, with founder Kieran Harty stepping aside from that role to become chief technical officer. Nimble Storage, Tintri, and Tegile are three hybrid array startups that aim to serve as many hot data accesses from fast flash as possible while reserving disk storage for less-active data. They are each …
Kieran was never CEO material, I think this is no surprise to anyone. Pro shepparding is required for them to make that next leap. The bigger question is, do they have the customer base and run rate to have a successful IPO in todays market (cough Violin). Going public brings money (sometimes) but it also bring legitimate scrutiny to business practices and exposes the bottom line that being private has hidden.
Will be fun to watch this one.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning