Tintri has hired itself a new CEO, with founder Kieran Harty stepping aside from that role to become chief technical officer. Nimble Storage, Tintri, and Tegile are three hybrid array startups that aim to serve as many hot data accesses from fast flash as possible while reserving disk storage for less-active data. They are each …
Kieran was never CEO material, I think this is no surprise to anyone. Pro shepparding is required for them to make that next leap. The bigger question is, do they have the customer base and run rate to have a successful IPO in todays market (cough Violin). Going public brings money (sometimes) but it also bring legitimate scrutiny to business practices and exposes the bottom line that being private has hidden.
Will be fun to watch this one.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know