Virtualising server-side flash biz PernixData's CEO says its FVP VMware hypervisor flash caching software is better than VMware's own flash read cache because it has write caching and clustering, two things that VMware's gear lacks. VMware's Flash Read Cache was announced in August as virtual storage that uses server direct- …
Considering vSAN has R/W caching and clustering, I can't imagine it being more than a version or 2 out from being implemented.
All these dedupe/compression, "I/O optimization" outfits are on the clock as I can't fathom vmware doesn't incorporate these techniques into vsphere in the next couple of releases. There are just too many of them already.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY