VMware has made good in its promise to bring its vCloud Hybrid Service (VCHS) to blighty, announcing that Slough will be the site for its first European service. The Register understands VMware has not built its own bit barn in that fair city, but will instead reside within Savvis' local facility. Savvis is in the process of …
Is Slough the sum total of the David Brent angle? Wernham Hogg exterior shots were done using 40 Liverpool Road which is a Kall Kwik sales office.
Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!
I've worked there (in the Savvis DC) and walked past David Brent's Office to get a sandwich at lunchtimes. Most depressing shit hole I've ever worked in.
The name I used to win a holiday to New York in a "rename our pub" competition in Slough
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star