Japan's SoftBank and GungHo Online Entertainment have teamed up to take a controlling stake in Finnish mobile gaming firm Supercell for $1.5bn. The gaming company has just two titles at the moment – Clash of Clans and Hay Day – but like its fellow Finnish firm Rovio, its games have enjoyed huge popularity. Both are at the top of …
I remember before the stupid "freemium" thing was used we just called them "micro transactions" or "micro payment" but I suppose it those don't sound wanky enough
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'