Japan's SoftBank and GungHo Online Entertainment have teamed up to take a controlling stake in Finnish mobile gaming firm Supercell for $1.5bn. The gaming company has just two titles at the moment – Clash of Clans and Hay Day – but like its fellow Finnish firm Rovio, its games have enjoyed huge popularity. Both are at the top of …
I remember before the stupid "freemium" thing was used we just called them "micro transactions" or "micro payment" but I suppose it those don't sound wanky enough
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests