Japan's SoftBank and GungHo Online Entertainment have teamed up to take a controlling stake in Finnish mobile gaming firm Supercell for $1.5bn. The gaming company has just two titles at the moment – Clash of Clans and Hay Day – but like its fellow Finnish firm Rovio, its games have enjoyed huge popularity. Both are at the top of …
I remember before the stupid "freemium" thing was used we just called them "micro transactions" or "micro payment" but I suppose it those don't sound wanky enough
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe