Fusion-io has built a hybrid flash and disk drive array, targeted at SMEs, with souped-up software for putting hot data in flash. There's a server flash caching extension to this to bump up performance over the hybrid array competition. The ioControl 3.0 hybrid array uses acquired NexGen Storage tech – $119m in April – with …
"There is no deduplication but Fusion says the product reduces the data written by pattern matching"
Is dedupe not pattern matching? confused I am.
We're going to be in the market next year (if my budget is approved) and I was already seriously considering a NextGen array... these look even better
Same with our company. We had IO Drives but needed an array for an all new project rollout. Next Gen was the perfect answer.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE