Fusion-io has built a hybrid flash and disk drive array, targeted at SMEs, with souped-up software for putting hot data in flash. There's a server flash caching extension to this to bump up performance over the hybrid array competition. The ioControl 3.0 hybrid array uses acquired NexGen Storage tech – $119m in April – with …
"There is no deduplication but Fusion says the product reduces the data written by pattern matching"
Is dedupe not pattern matching? confused I am.
We're going to be in the market next year (if my budget is approved) and I was already seriously considering a NextGen array... these look even better
Same with our company. We had IO Drives but needed an array for an all new project rollout. Next Gen was the perfect answer.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix