Fusion-io has built a hybrid flash and disk drive array, targeted at SMEs, with souped-up software for putting hot data in flash. There's a server flash caching extension to this to bump up performance over the hybrid array competition. The ioControl 3.0 hybrid array uses acquired NexGen Storage tech – $119m in April – with …
"There is no deduplication but Fusion says the product reduces the data written by pattern matching"
Is dedupe not pattern matching? confused I am.
We're going to be in the market next year (if my budget is approved) and I was already seriously considering a NextGen array... these look even better
Same with our company. We had IO Drives but needed an array for an all new project rollout. Next Gen was the perfect answer.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun