Fusion-io has built a hybrid flash and disk drive array, targeted at SMEs, with souped-up software for putting hot data in flash. There's a server flash caching extension to this to bump up performance over the hybrid array competition. The ioControl 3.0 hybrid array uses acquired NexGen Storage tech – $119m in April – with …
"There is no deduplication but Fusion says the product reduces the data written by pattern matching"
Is dedupe not pattern matching? confused I am.
We're going to be in the market next year (if my budget is approved) and I was already seriously considering a NextGen array... these look even better
Same with our company. We had IO Drives but needed an array for an all new project rollout. Next Gen was the perfect answer.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst