Facebook has acquired mobile analytics app maker Onavo, bagging its first office in Israel as part of the deal. The gobbled upstart felt the need to insist that it "remains committed to privacy" when announcing the sale. Palo Alto-based Onavo revealed over the weekend that it had been bought by the social networking giant, but …
Anyone see the misnomer in this sentence?
also tracks app usage for developers, and reassured users that it "remains committed to the privacy of people who use our application".
Re: Anyone see the misnomer in this sentence?
Just a minor typo, they left out a word.
"remains committed to *invading* the privacy of people who use our application".
See? It's all good.
Why did I read that as "Facebook gobbles upstart Onanist for $200M"?
Is that closer to the mark?
My dirty mac =>
remains committed to privacy
Nothing peculiar or new, they've always been focused on privacy, right?
"Privacy is still important to us"
Enjoy while you can. I'd hazard a guess it won't be for very much longer.
Time to ditch that application then. As it happens there are plenty of alternatives.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?