Facebook has acquired mobile analytics app maker Onavo, bagging its first office in Israel as part of the deal. The gobbled upstart felt the need to insist that it "remains committed to privacy" when announcing the sale. Palo Alto-based Onavo revealed over the weekend that it had been bought by the social networking giant, but …
Anyone see the misnomer in this sentence?
also tracks app usage for developers, and reassured users that it "remains committed to the privacy of people who use our application".
Re: Anyone see the misnomer in this sentence?
Just a minor typo, they left out a word.
"remains committed to *invading* the privacy of people who use our application".
See? It's all good.
Why did I read that as "Facebook gobbles upstart Onanist for $200M"?
Is that closer to the mark?
My dirty mac =>
remains committed to privacy
Nothing peculiar or new, they've always been focused on privacy, right?
"Privacy is still important to us"
Enjoy while you can. I'd hazard a guess it won't be for very much longer.
Time to ditch that application then. As it happens there are plenty of alternatives.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update