Facebook has updated an open source tool that lets admins wring fast performance cheaply from disk-based arrays fed from PCI-e flash cards. The "Flashcache" tool was updated to version 3.0 by the company on Wednesday. The tool lets the company sit a high-performance cache on PCI-e flash cards to speed access to important data …
We're trialling qlogic fabriccache cards here. FC card with onboard SSD that caches reads and writes.
Transparent to the OS, no coding required. Utilises our existing storage array.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids