PostgreSQL specialist TransLattice has devoured database-as-a-service (DaaS) startup StormDB for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition was announced on Wednesday and will let TransLattice marry two strands of Postgres together, which could yield some new technology for the wider open-source database community. It represents some …
Database as a service?
Aren't databases already services anyway?
Or do you have to put -aaS on the end of everything these days to make it trendy and marketable
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders