Amazon is promising to promote developers' apps written especially for its Kindle and Fire OS. The Jeff Bezos-run tech monster has vowed to cough up a range of marketing and “economic benefits” to independent software vendors under the Appstore Developer Select programme, unveiled on Tuesday. The programme targets existing …
Endless promises and hopes
Why is that todays business models seem to revolve around large companies providing platforms for which content will be made for "free" by external developers ?
If I have understood correctly, very few devs actually make anything at all , other than a few pennies, OK there are exceptions like Rovio but they are so rare that they exist only on the extreme far ends of the bell curve.
obviously it's the Amazons ( they are hoping) , Apples, Google, MS ( not quite) that make the real money.
Or is it just the idea of obtaining the famous "15 minutes" ?
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA