Amazon is promising to promote developers' apps written especially for its Kindle and Fire OS. The Jeff Bezos-run tech monster has vowed to cough up a range of marketing and “economic benefits” to independent software vendors under the Appstore Developer Select programme, unveiled on Tuesday. The programme targets existing …
Endless promises and hopes
Why is that todays business models seem to revolve around large companies providing platforms for which content will be made for "free" by external developers ?
If I have understood correctly, very few devs actually make anything at all , other than a few pennies, OK there are exceptions like Rovio but they are so rare that they exist only on the extreme far ends of the bell curve.
obviously it's the Amazons ( they are hoping) , Apples, Google, MS ( not quite) that make the real money.
Or is it just the idea of obtaining the famous "15 minutes" ?
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats