Amazon is promising to promote developers' apps written especially for its Kindle and Fire OS. The Jeff Bezos-run tech monster has vowed to cough up a range of marketing and “economic benefits” to independent software vendors under the Appstore Developer Select programme, unveiled on Tuesday. The programme targets existing …
Endless promises and hopes
Why is that todays business models seem to revolve around large companies providing platforms for which content will be made for "free" by external developers ?
If I have understood correctly, very few devs actually make anything at all , other than a few pennies, OK there are exceptions like Rovio but they are so rare that they exist only on the extreme far ends of the bell curve.
obviously it's the Amazons ( they are hoping) , Apples, Google, MS ( not quite) that make the real money.
Or is it just the idea of obtaining the famous "15 minutes" ?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft