Australians might be buying as many 4G devices as they can get their hands on, but the uptake isn't being reflected in their download habits. The volume of data downloaded by Australians over mobile connections slid slightly between December 2012 and June 2013, while fixed line downloads continue to surge, according to the …
The lack of mobile downloads here can probably in some part be laid at the feet of telcos who continue to impose miserly download quotas on mobile plans. Telstra at least has actually decreased their mobile bandwidth quotas across the board in the last 12 months.
Re: Blame telcos
Once they realised their voice income was under threat by voip, they reeled that in nice and quick. Also note that they charge the same for less data.
And now that they've done that, the voice plans have changed too. How much farther can you go than a three year contract before users finally realise they're being screwed? I bet a bit more.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS