Feeds

back to article Wheels literally FALL OFF solar race contender

If you doubt for a moment that central Australia is currently mad for solar energy, know that at the Hilton Hotel in Alice Springs a board offers information on the current temperature, wind speed and strength of sunlight expressed as watts per square metre*. Vulture South made it to the Hilton after sundown, so can't report on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Loose Wheel?

Haven't they heard of LUG NUTS?

Cue the Kenny Rogers song:

You took a long to to leave me Loose Wheel (Lucille).

Silver badge
Coffee/keyboard

Re: Loose Wheel?

You know the drill ->

Bronze badge

My money is on Professor Fate & Max !

(The Great Race 1965)

Brilliant film. Peter Falk was great in it and it launched 2 classic children's cartoons.

Bronze badge
Mushroom

No need for a wheel

If they had invented an sun powered hover board instead

Silver badge
Trollface

Curmudgeonly Michigan

It couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Oh wait...

How hot is “stinking” hot? Preferably in degrees C (although we'll accept F if that's all you know).

Mushroom

It's somewhere between "Ouch - the roof of the car's hot" and "Someone get the bandages - I touched the car roof" (in the range 40 - 45 C in the shade - not uncommon in Central and South Australia)

Bronze badge

Round about 39-40 Celsius most of this week in Alice Springs. That's just over the ton in the old money.

I gather Adelaide is going to put on some English weather later in the week, though (19 C, and raining).

It's spring here, which means lovely average temperatures. The trouble is, Adelaide in spring uses PWM for the weather. It was 31 here today. 19 tomorrow. Average of 25 - lovely only if you are a statistician or meteorologist.

Ha! That's not English, a good 10 degrees too hot ;)

I always liked in NZ how the sun burn time could sometimes be best expressed in seconds rather than minutes....

F 'in hot.

Silver badge
Happy

No wonder the Dutch know how to make the most of sunlight

They have to make do with so little at home

This topic is closed for new posts.