Microsoft's first ever bug bounty programme has resulted in payouts totalling $28,000 to security researchers who found flaws in the preview release of Internet Explorer 11. Redmond offers a maximum reward of $11,000 to researchers who found security vulnerabilities in pre-release versions of IE 11 during the period of the bug …
"First ever" bug bounty?
Does anybody remember the "bug bounty" Microsoft offered for its QuickC IDE...and never paid off on?
Re: "First ever" bug bounty?
Yes - I seem to remember it - the potential recipient was rejected for being too young? Do I remember that correctly? Anyway, I'll believe it when I see the cold cash change hands.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great