Microsoft's first ever bug bounty programme has resulted in payouts totalling $28,000 to security researchers who found flaws in the preview release of Internet Explorer 11. Redmond offers a maximum reward of $11,000 to researchers who found security vulnerabilities in pre-release versions of IE 11 during the period of the bug …
"First ever" bug bounty?
Does anybody remember the "bug bounty" Microsoft offered for its QuickC IDE...and never paid off on?
Re: "First ever" bug bounty?
Yes - I seem to remember it - the potential recipient was rejected for being too young? Do I remember that correctly? Anyway, I'll believe it when I see the cold cash change hands.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star