Microsoft's first ever bug bounty programme has resulted in payouts totalling $28,000 to security researchers who found flaws in the preview release of Internet Explorer 11. Redmond offers a maximum reward of $11,000 to researchers who found security vulnerabilities in pre-release versions of IE 11 during the period of the bug …
"First ever" bug bounty?
Does anybody remember the "bug bounty" Microsoft offered for its QuickC IDE...and never paid off on?
Re: "First ever" bug bounty?
Yes - I seem to remember it - the potential recipient was rejected for being too young? Do I remember that correctly? Anyway, I'll believe it when I see the cold cash change hands.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests