Microsoft's first ever bug bounty programme has resulted in payouts totalling $28,000 to security researchers who found flaws in the preview release of Internet Explorer 11. Redmond offers a maximum reward of $11,000 to researchers who found security vulnerabilities in pre-release versions of IE 11 during the period of the bug …
"First ever" bug bounty?
Does anybody remember the "bug bounty" Microsoft offered for its QuickC IDE...and never paid off on?
Re: "First ever" bug bounty?
Yes - I seem to remember it - the potential recipient was rejected for being too young? Do I remember that correctly? Anyway, I'll believe it when I see the cold cash change hands.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?