Microsoft's first ever bug bounty programme has resulted in payouts totalling $28,000 to security researchers who found flaws in the preview release of Internet Explorer 11. Redmond offers a maximum reward of $11,000 to researchers who found security vulnerabilities in pre-release versions of IE 11 during the period of the bug …
"First ever" bug bounty?
Does anybody remember the "bug bounty" Microsoft offered for its QuickC IDE...and never paid off on?
Re: "First ever" bug bounty?
Yes - I seem to remember it - the potential recipient was rejected for being too young? Do I remember that correctly? Anyway, I'll believe it when I see the cold cash change hands.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...