Blighty's Serious Fraud Office has said that there's no conflict of interest in its criminal investigation into Autonomy, despite reports that the SFO itself uses the firm's document management tool Introspect. The SFO was called in to look into allegations from new owners HP of accounting irregularities and misrepresentations …
as a (former) customer of autonomy, I can say that using their software/services is likely to result in bias (just not a favourable one).
Why would using a product cause a bias?
Would people be asking this question if this was an investigation in to Bic pens or Shell Oil?
Just because people use a particular product does not mean that they are subject to any unfair influences. Do you think the SEC worries about its investingations in to Dell or IBM just because they use their computers?
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball