Blighty's Serious Fraud Office has said that there's no conflict of interest in its criminal investigation into Autonomy, despite reports that the SFO itself uses the firm's document management tool Introspect. The SFO was called in to look into allegations from new owners HP of accounting irregularities and misrepresentations …
as a (former) customer of autonomy, I can say that using their software/services is likely to result in bias (just not a favourable one).
Why would using a product cause a bias?
Would people be asking this question if this was an investigation in to Bic pens or Shell Oil?
Just because people use a particular product does not mean that they are subject to any unfair influences. Do you think the SEC worries about its investingations in to Dell or IBM just because they use their computers?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders