Supercomputer, high-performance computing and big data supplier SGI has bought out storage virtualisation biz Filetek to get its hands on the company's HPC data management technology. FileTek's flagship product is StorHouse; software providing large-scale data management and storage (file) virtualisation, with a single namespace …
SGI, now there's a name (or ref to the orig Silicon Graphics Inc) I haven't heard for a while!
I recall visiting my friend who worked out near SF back in 1997 and we went to (old) SGI to play on some flight sim thingy where you sat (moveable?) pods and wore headsets. That was pretty impressive at the time.
SGI buys FileTek
If you have not looked at SGI recently, you owe it to yourself, and your organization to do so...
SGI has been for years, working with organizations who capture, create and process huge amounts of data with the need to extract meaningful insight form that data, in ever decreasing amounts of time. Commonly known as a key player in the HPC (High Performance Computing Space), SGI stands to benefit as the commercial marketplace moves towards their capabilities.
Their capabilities to ingest, process and manage multiple data types is remarkable!
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!