SAP has announced that it has raised $650m for a new venture fund to invest in startups under its subsidiary SAP Ventures. The investment firm is independent, but draws its cash from the software giant to invest in upstarts that may one day help the parent business. "We are in a unique position of being independent and yet …
They've entered the money into their ERP system. It'll be years before they get it out again.
Nah, they'll spend all that on an army of SAP consultants just to create a report so they know where to spend it.
How SAP has grown so big and remains so big is beyond me. The successes and happy customers must have very quiet voices compared to the failure's loud hails.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball