SAP has announced that it has raised $650m for a new venture fund to invest in startups under its subsidiary SAP Ventures. The investment firm is independent, but draws its cash from the software giant to invest in upstarts that may one day help the parent business. "We are in a unique position of being independent and yet …
They've entered the money into their ERP system. It'll be years before they get it out again.
Nah, they'll spend all that on an army of SAP consultants just to create a report so they know where to spend it.
How SAP has grown so big and remains so big is beyond me. The successes and happy customers must have very quiet voices compared to the failure's loud hails.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK