SAP has announced that it has raised $650m for a new venture fund to invest in startups under its subsidiary SAP Ventures. The investment firm is independent, but draws its cash from the software giant to invest in upstarts that may one day help the parent business. "We are in a unique position of being independent and yet …
They've entered the money into their ERP system. It'll be years before they get it out again.
Nah, they'll spend all that on an army of SAP consultants just to create a report so they know where to spend it.
How SAP has grown so big and remains so big is beyond me. The successes and happy customers must have very quiet voices compared to the failure's loud hails.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide