Violin's IPO was a right debacle: investors judged the stock was worth a fifth less than the valuation of the bankers backing the public offering. What are they seeing that the bankers didn't? The days of easy flash array pickings are coming to a close. Listen hard and you can hear the screeches in the wind from the iron gates …
Flash startup business model
One or two might make it as standalone vendors, but the rest need to get bought or they're toast.
My view is that with the purchase of Whiptail, the music has pretty much stopped and Violin ended up without a chair.......
Uncle Larry's shopping bag
Of all the incumbents, I can see uncle Larry with his storage amalgamation strategy going shopping.
Skyera is backed by Dell: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/13/the_skyeagle_has_landed_almost/
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer