Violin's IPO was a right debacle: investors judged the stock was worth a fifth less than the valuation of the bankers backing the public offering. What are they seeing that the bankers didn't? The days of easy flash array pickings are coming to a close. Listen hard and you can hear the screeches in the wind from the iron gates …
Flash startup business model
One or two might make it as standalone vendors, but the rest need to get bought or they're toast.
My view is that with the purchase of Whiptail, the music has pretty much stopped and Violin ended up without a chair.......
Uncle Larry's shopping bag
Of all the incumbents, I can see uncle Larry with his storage amalgamation strategy going shopping.
Skyera is backed by Dell: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/13/the_skyeagle_has_landed_almost/
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can