Violin's IPO was a right debacle: investors judged the stock was worth a fifth less than the valuation of the bankers backing the public offering. What are they seeing that the bankers didn't? The days of easy flash array pickings are coming to a close. Listen hard and you can hear the screeches in the wind from the iron gates …
Flash startup business model
One or two might make it as standalone vendors, but the rest need to get bought or they're toast.
My view is that with the purchase of Whiptail, the music has pretty much stopped and Violin ended up without a chair.......
Uncle Larry's shopping bag
Of all the incumbents, I can see uncle Larry with his storage amalgamation strategy going shopping.
Skyera is backed by Dell: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/13/the_skyeagle_has_landed_almost/
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait