Database denizens, infrastructure priests, and cloud herders are all preparing to descend on San Francisco for the RICON West distributed systems conference. El Reg is a media sponsor of the event, which will be held on October 29 and 30, and as per our high-availability triple-replicated reasonably consistent partnership with …
Ideas to ask speakers
It would be great if you could investigate a couple of interesting technologies and report back:
1. Basho have recently carved out riak-core out of Riak to provide a common platform to build distributed services and the DB has become an app on top of riak-core (also called Riak KV); they then released Riak CS which is a cloud storage system built on top of riak-core. It would interesting to know more about riak-core and what it can do. And of course Riak CS.
2. They are currently integrating SOLR into Riak to provide distributed search capabilities. That is definitely worth having a look at.
Thare, you go, that's at least 3 interesting articles you can come back with :-)
Re: Ideas to ask speakers
As ever, it's just after I click "Submit" that I spot all the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors... I need another coffee.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland