back to article Distributed systems boffins flock to RICON West

Database denizens, infrastructure priests, and cloud herders are all preparing to descend on San Francisco for the RICON West distributed systems conference. El Reg is a media sponsor of the event, which will be held on October 29 and 30, and as per our high-availability triple-replicated reasonably consistent partnership with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Ideas to ask speakers

It would be great if you could investigate a couple of interesting technologies and report back:

1. Basho have recently carved out riak-core out of Riak to provide a common platform to build distributed services and the DB has become an app on top of riak-core (also called Riak KV); they then released Riak CS which is a cloud storage system built on top of riak-core. It would interesting to know more about riak-core and what it can do. And of course Riak CS.

2. They are currently integrating SOLR into Riak to provide distributed search capabilities. That is definitely worth having a look at.

Thare, you go, that's at least 3 interesting articles you can come back with :-)

Facepalm

Re: Ideas to ask speakers

As ever, it's just after I click "Submit" that I spot all the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors... I need another coffee.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums