EMC has recruited an ex-Symantec exec to lord it over its Emerging Technology Products division. His product brief includes "hybrid Cloud Gateways and High Performance Computing storage" which is fine ... except EMC hasn't got any such products. Chirantan “CJ” Desai will be the president of the newly-formed Emerging Technology …
EMC's HPC Option
EMC has moved away from Terascala, and is now partnering with Penguin Computing for delivering HPC Storage using Lustre. Penguin Computing and EMC have created a integrated bundle branded by Penguin Computing under its Storage Solutions, as the IceBreaker HPC. Penguin Computing and EMC showcased the solution recently at the Intel Developer's Forum (IDF) in San Francisco, CA. For more information, please follow: http://www.penguincomputing.com/products/storage/icebreaker-hpc-lustre.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats