Less than a year after taking a cash injection from Oracle, platform cloud Engine Yard has announced that its technology will support the Oracle Public Cloud as a selectable infrastructure layer. The announcement of support for the Oracle Public Cloud was timed to coincide with Oracle's OpenWorld conference in San Francisco, …
I trust that The Register's style book will decree that all future articles mentioning Larry Ellison will refer to him as shy and retiring at least once.
An agreement with secret details between something open and Oracle...
Oracle's involvement with open stuff often makes the open stuff go sour.
Well, lets see what Oracle's cloud prices turn out to be compared to everyone else under the sun. Unless they are offering something special I don't see many people jumping to their IaaS at standard Oracle prices.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders