Less than a year after taking a cash injection from Oracle, platform cloud Engine Yard has announced that its technology will support the Oracle Public Cloud as a selectable infrastructure layer. The announcement of support for the Oracle Public Cloud was timed to coincide with Oracle's OpenWorld conference in San Francisco, …
I trust that The Register's style book will decree that all future articles mentioning Larry Ellison will refer to him as shy and retiring at least once.
An agreement with secret details between something open and Oracle...
Oracle's involvement with open stuff often makes the open stuff go sour.
Well, lets see what Oracle's cloud prices turn out to be compared to everyone else under the sun. Unless they are offering something special I don't see many people jumping to their IaaS at standard Oracle prices.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?