The Brobdingnagian growth of the Amazon cloud has forced longtime rivals Microsoft and Oracle into a substantive tech partnership. The operating system giant announced a wide-ranging cloud partnership with the database titan back in June, in response to the rise of the Amazon Web Services cloud. On Tuesday, Microsoft's Windows …
Good to see competition in the American cloud. I wonder if the licensing deals will trickle down to services providers so that those standing up Azure Service Provider can help non-Americans achieve the same benefits?
I guess Oracle are getting desperate, now that the bottom has dropped out of the boat anchor (Solaris) market, Microsoft are wiping the floor with them via SQL server, and pretty much no one wants their Linux flavour or NoSQL DBs....
this is bad
I was counting on Oracle buying some patent jam - have to sell off my shares in Blackberry, quick
Success is assured.
I'm sure the world will be beating a path to the door for this. MicroSoft and Oracle, what a winning combination.
> select azure from microsoft union select 12c from oracle;
What about vmware?
Oracle has still not certified their apps to run on VMware although technically they run well. This appears to concide with their asipiration to displace VMware from their leading position.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack