New communications minister Malcolm Turnbull has told a Sydney press conference that the government specifically requested the resignation of the NBN Co board, “to give the government complete flexibility in remaking the board in light of the policy agenda.” Turnbull said that “I have never criticised any of the individuals on …
Translation: "We want all of Rudd's mates gone so we can give the cushy sinecure positions to our mates."
Sometimes these politicians' motives are so transparent you could use them to measure Doppler shifts in distant galaxies.
1. The CBA will show that the fibre model is better in the medium/long term.
2. Turnbull will use the CBA as a reason to keep the fibre model.
3. His business mates will make a few bucks out of this, somehow.
I'm not really fussed what they end up doing
provided it is the most cost effective solution. Given my current 400GB cap, I have no need for 100Mbps, since that would cause my children to hit our monthly cap in under 9 hours of downloads.
Frankly, I have no wish to pay more for something I would rather not have.
The board would have resigned sooner
If they'd had a faster internet connection.
Coming soon: The NBN, Newscorp Barstardised Network
Weekly reports eh? Oh yeah, that'll fix things and make everything ticketyboo.
It usually takes, oh, what 4 days to write a report like that?
Line up for the GRAVY boys!
Turnball DID NOT ask the NBN board to resign, the board resigned of their own accord, Turnball fabricated the story to save being embarrassed.
- Pic Suffering SPITZER! Boffins discover Milky Way's MISSING ARMS
- Antique Code Show Sega’s Out Run: Even better than the wheel thing
- Tube be or not tube be: Apple’s CYLINDRICAL Mac Pro is out tomorrow
- Go on, buy Bitcoin. But DON'T say we didn't WARN YOU
- Facebook to BLAST the web with AUTO-PLAYING VIDEO ads