Network-polishing tech firm Riverbed is still honking away at its great Glacier front end story, with three new Whitewater cloud storage backup appliances and an operating system upgrade to WWOS v3.0. Cloud Storage gateways are local converged server and storage appliances that provide a dedicated on-ramp to the cloud. This ramp …
Article... or advertisement?
Not Just Slow...
I want to know what genius decided to call their product "Glacier." While they probably were thinking things like "vast" and "unstoppable," the images summoned to my imagination were more like "incredibly slow" and "likely to calve sink-shipping icebergs."
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes