The Register uses cookies. Find out more.

back to article Qualcomm turns back hands of Toq smartwatch

Qualcomm isn't entering the smartwatch business after all. Two weeks ago the company fired up a fancy website that offers the chance to “Be the first to know when Qualcomm Toq is available for purchase” and generally hinted at a grand future for the device. Since that page went live, Taiwan-based tech outlet VR-Zone met …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gold badge
Unhappy

But only if you're an Andoroid user.

Goodbye and close the door on your way out.

Meh

For right now

this'll be the attitude of all companies that reacted to the Apple watch rumours . . .

If Apple would now announce an "and another thing" surprise watch next week, the plans would all go on again.

I think it was just a preemptive reaction of most tech-companies to jump onto the bandwagon, should it come past.

Hasn't showed up yet; maybe it never will.

Anonymous Coward

I don't want a smart watch. I put them in the same class of someone walking around with a bluetooth headset on!

But of all I have seen, this was the best offering.

Anonymous Coward

"For right now

this'll be the attitude of all companies that reacted to the Apple watch rumours . . .

If Apple would now announce an "and another thing" surprise watch next week, the plans would all go on again.

I think it was just a preemptive reaction of most tech-companies to jump onto the bandwagon, should it come past.

Hasn't showed up yet; maybe it never will."

The first smartwatch invented was WAAAAAY before Apple even considered releasing a copy.

Silver badge
FAIL

If they haven't even announced a product

How do you know that they will, and that it will be a copy?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums