Telstra is scrambling to overcome an outage that ABC Radio is reporting has affected “tens of thousands” of business voice services nationwide. The outage affects customers of Telstra's Digital Business service. Digital Business is a range of bundles covering both broadband connection and telephony. At the time of writing, a …
My cynical side would suggest the 'upgrade' was to install the 'Liberal-Conservative' module in the Management decision support system in anticipation of the upcoming 'free and frank discussions' on changes to NBN arrangements.
But that would require me to GAS*
So its probably just some really old copper somewhere disintegrated as it got exposed to oxygen as someone opened a pit somewhere for the first time in 60 years,
GAS - give a shit.
Ah, the good old days ...
... as soon as it rains, the internet stops working and half the traffic lights in Canberra go on the blink ...
Faulty wiretap, perhaps?
Maybe a certain black box has spewed out some blue smoke.
Probably forgot about security
I haven't had much to do with these setups, aside from fixing up what Telstra's fucked up. But the few times I've been fiddling, I've been left wondering if they actually secured anything.
Sadly I've never had time to investigate further, but a story like this makes me wonder if someone else DID have time...
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp