Flash array startup Violin Memory wants to raise $162m in a stock-market debut, according to paperwork filed for its IPO. Earlier this month rival Pure Storage received $150m in a funding round, which may or may not be significant in Violin's pricing calculations. Other recent big-bucks flash-array news this month has included …
Hardware vs. Software - Where's the value?
PureStorage raised $150M beating the software drum - hardware is a commodity. Violin is leading their IPO with the exact opposite message. How can Violin improve their margins without optimizing their solutions with software? If they're struggling now with profitability, what's their plan to fix it without software?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip