Flash array startup Violin Memory wants to raise $162m in a stock-market debut, according to paperwork filed for its IPO. Earlier this month rival Pure Storage received $150m in a funding round, which may or may not be significant in Violin's pricing calculations. Other recent big-bucks flash-array news this month has included …
Hardware vs. Software - Where's the value?
PureStorage raised $150M beating the software drum - hardware is a commodity. Violin is leading their IPO with the exact opposite message. How can Violin improve their margins without optimizing their solutions with software? If they're struggling now with profitability, what's their plan to fix it without software?
- JLaw, Kate Upton EXPOSED in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NUDE PHOTOS hack