Flash array startup Violin Memory wants to raise $162m in a stock-market debut, according to paperwork filed for its IPO. Earlier this month rival Pure Storage received $150m in a funding round, which may or may not be significant in Violin's pricing calculations. Other recent big-bucks flash-array news this month has included …
Hardware vs. Software - Where's the value?
PureStorage raised $150M beating the software drum - hardware is a commodity. Violin is leading their IPO with the exact opposite message. How can Violin improve their margins without optimizing their solutions with software? If they're struggling now with profitability, what's their plan to fix it without software?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops