Flash array startup Violin Memory wants to raise $162m in a stock-market debut, according to paperwork filed for its IPO. Earlier this month rival Pure Storage received $150m in a funding round, which may or may not be significant in Violin's pricing calculations. Other recent big-bucks flash-array news this month has included …
Hardware vs. Software - Where's the value?
PureStorage raised $150M beating the software drum - hardware is a commodity. Violin is leading their IPO with the exact opposite message. How can Violin improve their margins without optimizing their solutions with software? If they're struggling now with profitability, what's their plan to fix it without software?
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland