Feeds

back to article Server hack heads up the stack for a new challenge

It has been five years to the day since I started working at The Register, and for once, just that once right there, I will use the proper name of the publication that has supported myself and my family, and give it the respect it deserves. I came to El Reg as the Great Recession was opening its gaping maw, and was offered a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Pint

OMFG!

For a bizarre attosecond there I thought you were to lead the design of a v3 TPM for Intel/M$/NSA and friends and nearly fell off my chair! Some sort of post Snowden flurry of glasnost or something!!!!one!

Anyway... back to reality with a bump...

Thank you TPM, for the wisdom, wit, insight, humility, neuron searing "grammar", humour...

The place won't be the same without you. First pint's on me.

Godspeed.

Bronze badge
Pint

"I can only say that English is not my first language"

All I can say is "bon voyage", since I don't know how to translate it.

<--- wasn't my pint over there a while ago???

Silver badge

Many thanks Tim and good luck with the new job

P.S. That picture should be subtitled 'Breaking Good'. (There may be some uncertainty about that.)

Bronze badge

All the best

have enjoyed your articles.

Eadon will be devastated.

Silver badge
Pint

Godspeed.

I'll miss your writing here.

Onwards and upwards!

This one's on me.

Silver badge

I hate replying to myself ... (was: Re: Godspeed.)

... it's an old Usenet reflex ... but I can't think of a better place to ask the question "where the heck has Verity Stob been hiding?" ... Inquiring minds & all that.

End of an era

I've learned more from reading and talking with TPM than I ever learned in school. (Hmm...is this a comment on TPM's guru-like knowledge or the poor quality of my schooling? Maybe both?)

I'm glad that he's staying in the business and hasn't pulled up stakes to pursue his other interests. Some of you might know that Tim is a mean home brewer. (He's actually a mean everything, but what I mean in this case is that he has some serious brewing skills.) As he mentioned in the story above, he is a master of the holiday fruit cake. His 2012 edition won the prestigious Olds household "Best Mailed Food" award for that year.

I know that Reg readers will miss his heaping helpings of tech news and views. I'll reading him in The Reg as well.....

Anonymous Coward

Walt

Looking at the article's photo - do you run a meth lab in your spare time?

Good Luck!

Anonymous Coward

Re: Walt

Show some respect! He doesn't look too bad at all for 184 and quite remarkable if you consider that nasty beriberi episode during the Crimea. Poor soul.

Silver badge

Best of Luck

I usually like to wade in on topics that cause arguments. This time, I am in agreement with the others here. Best of luck in your new job!

Roo
Silver badge
Pint

Good luck :)

I frequently find myself violently disagreeing with you (TPM), I suspect much of that stems from us having very different views of the industry. That ain't a bad thing though, I've learnt a lot from it ! So thank you very much and best of luck ! :)

This topic is closed for new posts.