If you've been having problems with Apple's Mail app on your Mac running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion, Cupertinian engineers have felt your pain and now offer a fix: an OS X 10.8.5 update. The update, released on Thursday, not only fixes the bug that prevented some Mail messages from appearing, but also fixes the pesky bug that …
They also updated 10.7 Lion
Security patches apply to Lion as well.
Couldn't have been that bad, I didn't notice anything?
Here are the release notes:
"Note: OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 also addresses an issue in which certain Unicode strings could cause applications to unexpectedly quit."
Wonder if they fixed Photo Stream on iPhoto on the Mac - if enabled, it brings the WiFi to it's knees with up to 1s ping time and 1/10th of normal speed on all devices on the WiFi, a reboot of the modem giving only very temporary relief. as it is I've had to disable Photo Stream.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base