speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise It's another episode of El Reg's weekly Wednesday tech news cast, giving you the run-down on everything worth knowing about in the enterprise and consumer tech world this week. This week, co-hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela are slacking off while Ed Saipetch flies solo …
If people need to ask...
...then maybe you do look like a pimp.
The thumbnail pic...
Your thumbnail pic looks more like a trilby than a fedora... the brim's quite narrow...
Not a pimp, perhaps
but a bit sad? Certainly. It's not 1957 any more, lads, and you're not Indiana Jones.
For most men, looking like a pimp while wearing a fedora is out of reach.
Very few men can wear a fedora. Basically, if you're slim and very handsome you can pull it off, but for most of us... Well, let's just say that the difference between how we'd like to look (or maybe even delude ourselves into thinking we look)...
....and how we actually look...
... isn't a fedora. It's a trilby.
Re: That picture
I am proud of you, my son.
Why that fat idiot looking stupid in a hat?
The Bogey pic is OK, youd even get away with it today, (Nice raincoat btw) but the other one is just stupid.
I take it that The Register does not 'do' taste or style???
Trilby not Fedora
I came here to show off my knowledge of hats, but I've been beaten to it no less than three times.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide