Cofounder Jason Hoffman is resigning from his chief technology officer position at cloud computing provider Joyent. In a blog on the company's website he writes, "I cofounded Joyent 10 years ago when I was working as a scientist and looking for a better way to run compute on my data... [The] 'think differently' spirit of …
Joyent is doing FAN-TASTIC!
Their OpenSolaris fork is a dud, nobody is using their products, they don't even register on the radar screen in terms of cloud computing providers, and their service generally sucks.
Oh, and their CTO just quit, because he wants to pursue some new and interesting ideas, on a different cloud perhaps.
Not to worry, this is all part of their business plan. This IPO is going to ex-plooooooode, Dude!
"doesn't say what they are"
...maybe to work for a place whose name doesn't cause people to repeat it incredulously upon first hearing?
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it