It's that time again: another round of IDC's quarterly storage tracker figures. The total disk storage market has gone down 5 per cent on an annual compare, dragged down by falling server sales. The external storage (networked disk array) market has gone down just 0.8 per cent, showing the effect of server drag on direct-attach …
I think El Reg is the only site insisting on charts that read right to left.
Any specific reason behind that, or is this the way how business schools teach advanced charting these days?
l-r, r-l, u-d, d-u........who cares
El Reg readers are deemed 'multi-functional' of high intelligence and with eyes on swivels.
Fiscal vs Calendar explains it
NetApp's fiscal Q1 falls in Calendar Q2, so its natural to see a drop from FYQ4/Q1 i.e. CYQ1/Q2 - I can only remember one CYQ1/Q2 sequential gain in the 7 years I've been here. But hey how about NetApp's 8.6% year-over-year growth, and the fact that EMC and NetApp are the only ones growing in tough storage market!
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked