It's that time again: another round of IDC's quarterly storage tracker figures. The total disk storage market has gone down 5 per cent on an annual compare, dragged down by falling server sales. The external storage (networked disk array) market has gone down just 0.8 per cent, showing the effect of server drag on direct-attach …
I think El Reg is the only site insisting on charts that read right to left.
Any specific reason behind that, or is this the way how business schools teach advanced charting these days?
l-r, r-l, u-d, d-u........who cares
El Reg readers are deemed 'multi-functional' of high intelligence and with eyes on swivels.
Fiscal vs Calendar explains it
NetApp's fiscal Q1 falls in Calendar Q2, so its natural to see a drop from FYQ4/Q1 i.e. CYQ1/Q2 - I can only remember one CYQ1/Q2 sequential gain in the 7 years I've been here. But hey how about NetApp's 8.6% year-over-year growth, and the fact that EMC and NetApp are the only ones growing in tough storage market!
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst