Google has decided it will join the Open edX project, an effort to create a platform on which to host massively online open courses (MOOCs). MOOCs took off a couple of years back when some universities started offering free courses online. While the courses did not lead to a degree, the mere fact that institutions of the calibre …
Free courses often mean terrible hacks in courseware
Look forward to Google's contribution. Some of the MOOCs out there are really pathetic in terms of infrastructure, mixing this and that often with separate passwords. Enrol for one of these courses and the first week is a constant interaction with the Help Desk.
MOOCS do not need advertisements.
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review