Google has decided it will join the Open edX project, an effort to create a platform on which to host massively online open courses (MOOCs). MOOCs took off a couple of years back when some universities started offering free courses online. While the courses did not lead to a degree, the mere fact that institutions of the calibre …
Free courses often mean terrible hacks in courseware
Look forward to Google's contribution. Some of the MOOCs out there are really pathetic in terms of infrastructure, mixing this and that often with separate passwords. Enrol for one of these courses and the first week is a constant interaction with the Help Desk.
MOOCS do not need advertisements.
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich