Google has decided it will join the Open edX project, an effort to create a platform on which to host massively online open courses (MOOCs). MOOCs took off a couple of years back when some universities started offering free courses online. While the courses did not lead to a degree, the mere fact that institutions of the calibre …
Free courses often mean terrible hacks in courseware
Look forward to Google's contribution. Some of the MOOCs out there are really pathetic in terms of infrastructure, mixing this and that often with separate passwords. Enrol for one of these courses and the first week is a constant interaction with the Help Desk.
MOOCS do not need advertisements.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt