EMC's scale-out filer shipper Isilon is scaling up its organisation; Oracle's top storage SVP, Phil Bullinger, is moving from the Redwood Shores-headquartered firm to EMC subsidiary Isilon, and a Microsoftie is coming aboard as Isilon's COO. Bullinger is joining EMC's Isilon unit as its senior veep for engineering and operations …
What attracted Bullinger to Isilon?
... Umm if I had to guess, I'd say he was approach by a recruitment consultant called Cha Ching.
Wait a minute...
"Are its growth prospects more attractive than those of Oracle's SAN and NAS storage business?"
Oracle has a SAN and NAS storage business?
while we're talking "What?!"
Oracle also has a virtualization stack.
it's not very good...
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review