EMC's scale-out filer shipper Isilon is scaling up its organisation; Oracle's top storage SVP, Phil Bullinger, is moving from the Redwood Shores-headquartered firm to EMC subsidiary Isilon, and a Microsoftie is coming aboard as Isilon's COO. Bullinger is joining EMC's Isilon unit as its senior veep for engineering and operations …
What attracted Bullinger to Isilon?
... Umm if I had to guess, I'd say he was approach by a recruitment consultant called Cha Ching.
Wait a minute...
"Are its growth prospects more attractive than those of Oracle's SAN and NAS storage business?"
Oracle has a SAN and NAS storage business?
while we're talking "What?!"
Oracle also has a virtualization stack.
it's not very good...
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...