EMC's scale-out filer shipper Isilon is scaling up its organisation; Oracle's top storage SVP, Phil Bullinger, is moving from the Redwood Shores-headquartered firm to EMC subsidiary Isilon, and a Microsoftie is coming aboard as Isilon's COO. Bullinger is joining EMC's Isilon unit as its senior veep for engineering and operations …
What attracted Bullinger to Isilon?
... Umm if I had to guess, I'd say he was approach by a recruitment consultant called Cha Ching.
Wait a minute...
"Are its growth prospects more attractive than those of Oracle's SAN and NAS storage business?"
Oracle has a SAN and NAS storage business?
while we're talking "What?!"
Oracle also has a virtualization stack.
it's not very good...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs