Facebook is adding a couple of APIs that will let certain media organizations track what's trending on the social network. Certain media partners, such as Buzzfeed, CNN, NBC's Today Show, BSkyB, and Slate (as well as social media marketing firm Mass Relevance) will be getting access to a Public Feed API that allows them to see a …
..public posts make up a tiny fraction of all the posts on FB as a lot of sensible people have locked their feeeds down. The fact that US sporting events dominate the list shows how useless this is going to be. FBs implementation of hashtags has been pretty usless as well. #Facebook being a prime example of how not to use them.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip