Facebook is adding a couple of APIs that will let certain media organizations track what's trending on the social network. Certain media partners, such as Buzzfeed, CNN, NBC's Today Show, BSkyB, and Slate (as well as social media marketing firm Mass Relevance) will be getting access to a Public Feed API that allows them to see a …
..public posts make up a tiny fraction of all the posts on FB as a lot of sensible people have locked their feeeds down. The fact that US sporting events dominate the list shows how useless this is going to be. FBs implementation of hashtags has been pretty usless as well. #Facebook being a prime example of how not to use them.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln