The HPC on Wall Street conference was hosted in the Big Apple on Monday, and while there was a lot–and we mean a lot–of talk about big data, one presentation stood out as being potentially much more useful in the long run than all of the big data bloviations. The talk was given by one of the founders of a financial services …
This looks like great fun, reminds me so much of what I was doing 20-30 years ago in the games industry. We were not only looking at algorithms for performance but eking every last cycle out of the hardware and support chips.
Time to get my IT CV dusted off perhaps.
Does Dirk Pitt® know?
Beat me to it - have an upvote
I wonder if the Panama Canal has been repaired yet?
Ohhhhh....now I get it
I thought this had something to do with tuning into the NUMA NUMA guy. I should have known better. Wall Street has no sense of humor, or human feelings.
Link to the Presentation
We've posted the presentation at: http://www.crankuptheamps.com/media/32521/2013-09-09_hpc_wall_street.pdf
60East Technologies, Inc.
Re: Link to the Presentation
Are you sure it is not Pitt?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs