back to article Facebook postpones privacy putsch: report

Facebook will wait a little while before adopting changes to its privacy policy flagged last month. The Los Angeles Times reports that in response to hostile reaction from users The Social Network will hold off introducing new “features” that would have allowed it to use members' faces in advertisements. Users greatly dislike …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    Meh

To put right the errors you mean, especially the assumption that a facebook users will agree to and terms and conditions the Zuck makes up?

2. auburnman

Isn't this the second time (at least) they've aimed to use people's mugshots in adverts?

If you have to use Facebook, don't have a photo of your face as your profile photo.

3. VespaBoy
    Pint

huh?

I don't get it...if it is THAT obvious (and it surely is) to a) people who comment here and b) legal bods then why bother announcing something that won't / can't be implemented in the first place? oh and Facebook definitely needs to work on how it informs its users about changes in privacy. Seems nuts to me that I read about these things on The Register as opposed to say, Facebook actually communicating with me directly.

Beer 'cos it's Friday lunch time and piddling down with rain.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"Just throwing the switch to new privacy settings may not be the same as getting consent"

Those words are certain to be viewed as revolutionary at Facebook.

If not heretic.

5. dssf

Maybe they are required to report/disclose the number of daily-closing or self-suspended accounts?

Maybe they are required to report/disclose the number of daily-closing or self-suspended accounts?

Especially in time proximity to pronouncements of forced acceptance of new, unwanted changes?

6. Maharg

A cunning plan...

Well, we all know what has to be done then, get everyone to change their profile so instead of people faces in the picture it’s a picture of your backside (not naked, otherwise it’s offensive content), then these adverts will not only not work, but be really funny to look at

7. Vociferous

"Dammit we're being out-eviled by NSA!"

It's like Facebook actively tries to be as in-your-face-bitch obnoxious as humanly possible. I bet they have special staff meetings to figure out new, harder and more painful ways of buggering the customers/products/cattle.

What I don't understand is that the customers/products/cattle let them get away with it. Battered wife syndrome?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like