The service blackout at third-party Microsoft Exchange hosting biz Intermedia was caused by glitches in core routing kit, the CEO has confirmed. As revealed by El Reg on Tuesday, Intermedia went down in the UK early afternoon and remained down for some hours, with customers forced to vent their spleen on Twitter because they …
Or just a config mistake that propagated before they could catch it? My money is on the latter.
> Intermedia will now complete the Reason For Outrage report
It certainly was an outrage for their customers.
on a 7206?
Yep, it was live/dead as soon as they pressed enter
Email hosting. Good idea, not so good at implementation.
Especially when this is meant to be T' Cloud.
I heard they'd just successfully upgraded their routers to bt home hub 4s... Then, boom!
Their 1830EST resolution time seems optimistic
Based on the chatter from down (and angry) customers, it took much later for the EXCH028-31 servers to come up.
Additionally, describing the service as "restored" when you know (and you're saying) that it's going to be another 8 hours to empty the mail queue is flat out disingenuous.
More likely the latest NSA patch on the CISCO equipment.
Doesn't affect ZTE and Huawei network gear as they are not NSA compatible.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why