The service blackout at third-party Microsoft Exchange hosting biz Intermedia was caused by glitches in core routing kit, the CEO has confirmed. As revealed by El Reg on Tuesday, Intermedia went down in the UK early afternoon and remained down for some hours, with customers forced to vent their spleen on Twitter because they …
Or just a config mistake that propagated before they could catch it? My money is on the latter.
> Intermedia will now complete the Reason For Outrage report
It certainly was an outrage for their customers.
on a 7206?
Yep, it was live/dead as soon as they pressed enter
Email hosting. Good idea, not so good at implementation.
Especially when this is meant to be T' Cloud.
I heard they'd just successfully upgraded their routers to bt home hub 4s... Then, boom!
Their 1830EST resolution time seems optimistic
Based on the chatter from down (and angry) customers, it took much later for the EXCH028-31 servers to come up.
Additionally, describing the service as "restored" when you know (and you're saying) that it's going to be another 8 hours to empty the mail queue is flat out disingenuous.
More likely the latest NSA patch on the CISCO equipment.
Doesn't affect ZTE and Huawei network gear as they are not NSA compatible.
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' site Ello: There's a reason we're still in beta. SPAMMERS!
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods