Amazon has broadened its set of services for storing frequently accessed data, just one day after Microsoft announced a competing product. The upgrade to the Amazon Web Services ElastiCache was announced by Amazon on Wednesday, and see Bezos & Co make Redis a caching option for the previously Memcached-only tech. Redis is a …
Microsoft announced a competing product?
"Amazon has broadened its set of services for storing frequently accessed data, just one day after Microsoft announced a competing product"
Given the proximity, would this be a case of Microsoft pre-announcing a product to steal the wind from out of under Amazon?
Re: Microsoft announced a competing product?
Or is it that Amazon is so far ahead that they have products waiting to be announced? Microsoft announces their offering and poof, Amazon has theirs ready and not even in a preview mode.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL