Returned Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov has extended his planned tenure at the company, in part to ensure it melds technologies from virtualisation player Parallels to create a backup-as-a-service product. Beloussov founded both Acronis and Parallels, left both to pursue other interests including a pair of venture capital funds, …
Sigh. What Acronis needs is a return to the stable, efficient UIs of yesteryear. It'd be too late for me though. I've given up on Acronis and gone to Macrium Reflect. It's cheaper, runs better and has never crashed. You also get the benefit of scripting (albeit with Visual Basic) to control it.
They lost me after making no effort at all to get TI2012 to work on Win8 and an upgrade window to TI2013 that gave some users less than 4 months support. I got lucky with around 6month but it leaves a really bad taste.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK