Returned Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov has extended his planned tenure at the company, in part to ensure it melds technologies from virtualisation player Parallels to create a backup-as-a-service product. Beloussov founded both Acronis and Parallels, left both to pursue other interests including a pair of venture capital funds, …
Sigh. What Acronis needs is a return to the stable, efficient UIs of yesteryear. It'd be too late for me though. I've given up on Acronis and gone to Macrium Reflect. It's cheaper, runs better and has never crashed. You also get the benefit of scripting (albeit with Visual Basic) to control it.
They lost me after making no effort at all to get TI2012 to work on Win8 and an upgrade window to TI2013 that gave some users less than 4 months support. I got lucky with around 6month but it leaves a really bad taste.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...