Returned Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov has extended his planned tenure at the company, in part to ensure it melds technologies from virtualisation player Parallels to create a backup-as-a-service product. Beloussov founded both Acronis and Parallels, left both to pursue other interests including a pair of venture capital funds, …
Sigh. What Acronis needs is a return to the stable, efficient UIs of yesteryear. It'd be too late for me though. I've given up on Acronis and gone to Macrium Reflect. It's cheaper, runs better and has never crashed. You also get the benefit of scripting (albeit with Visual Basic) to control it.
They lost me after making no effort at all to get TI2012 to work on Win8 and an upgrade window to TI2013 that gave some users less than 4 months support. I got lucky with around 6month but it leaves a really bad taste.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA