back to article Top Twitter lawyer quits micro-blogging site ahead of IPO

Twitter's general counsel Alex MacGillivray has quit his job as top lawyer at the micro-blogging site. He will continue to advise the company, which is widely expected to float on Wall Street next year. Vijaya Gadde, who most recently managed Twitter's corporate and international legal business and previously worked at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Jefe

Smart

I'm honestly surprised more people don't do this. He's certainly got vested shares in the company and if he stayed thorough the IPO he'd be under a lot of restraints and internal pressure not to divest them. Leaving this far ahead of an IPO eliminates those issues and will likely make him a rich man right after open trading begins with no strings attached.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Coat

Hmm. Could it be that we actually have an honestly capitalistic lawyer ?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's no way in the world he's taking time out to go "goofing around" with friends and family. There's more to that than's coming out at the minute. A lawyer who leaves just before an IPO, when everything's great, to chill out a bit? Never ever ever happens.

3. Shagbag

"He said in a blog post"

What? He didn't announce it on Twitter? That's gay.

1. auburnman
      Trollface

Re: "He said in a blog post"

The Twitter announcement would have been

"I’ll continue to support the company and its great people by staying on as an advisor for the legal, trust & safety, corporate development an"

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "He said in a blog post"

Haven't you been told before that describing something as "gay" is utterly childish and marks you out as someone who is so linguistically limited that they have to restore to generalised abuse of others to say they don't approve of something.

1. Eradicate all BB entrants

@AC Re: "He said in a blog post"

A well constructed response to the initial post, but posting as AC? That's g.......

4. rcorrect
    Thumb Up

How about instead no IPO?

So we have about a year before Twitter stops giving a damn about privacy and invades us with a lot more ads. Maybe this is already the case but I don't use Twitter so I wouldn't know. Honestly, I feel a lot of companies are screwed the moment they go public.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like